☑ Gluten free ☑ Dairy free ☑ Refined sugar free ☑ Vegan
This peppermint bark, besides being freaking ADORABLE, is super creamy and delicious!
It has everything you love about a candy cane…. pretty red and white swirls, amazing sweetness and that nostalgic Christmas peppermint taste!
This peppermint bark looks so beautiful cut up and placed on a nice serving board. I’ve also been adding it to smoothies and banana icecream to be honest!
Coconut peppermint bark
- 400 mL of full fat coconut milk or coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar. I used Coconut Magic Coconut sugar OR another sweeten of your choice
- Peppermint essence/oil (quantity will differ depending on the strength of your peppermint oil)
- Some raspberries or strawberries (frozen berries will also work)
- 1/4 tsp Loving Earth vanilla bean powder
- Coconut flakes. I used Coconut Magic
- Flaked almonds
To make peppermint bark:
- Pour coconut milk, coconut sugar, vanilla bean powder and peppermint essence into a blender. Depending on the strength of your peppermint essence/oil will change the amount you should put in, so start with a little bit and keep adding according to your taste. Add a LITTLE but more than you think you need because once it’s frozen I found that you can’t taste the peppermint as much. Be careful not to add too much because if you do it really ruins it. Blend for a few seconds until well mixed.
NOTE: Make sure you use full fat coconut milk otherwise it will freeze icy instead of smooth and creamy.
- Line a dish with a large surface area with baking paper.
- Pour your coconut milk mixture into the lined dish. Sprinkle raspberries and coconut flakes into the dish
- Place the dish in the freezer to set over night
- Remove dish from freezer, remove the frozen coconut bark from the baking paper and break apart the bark with your hands or using a knife.
- Sprinkle with additional coconut flakes if desired and serve!Original recipe by Made Whole co